Respect is one of the Military’s core values.
It’s one of ours, too.
No matter where you served, we want you to continue serving your country behind the wheel at Transport America. The mission should sound familiar: time-sensitive cargo, tight deadlines, unpredictable conditions. Here, every driver is given the respect they deserve and the autonomy they need to get the job done right. With top pay and more home time, Transport America is where veterans find a home on home soil.
Join the Military Apprenticeship Program Today.
The Apprenticeship Program turns natural born leaders into the safest, most dependable drivers on the road today. With the best hands-on training, generous compensation and the ability to take full advantage of the GI Bill for additional pay our military apprenticeship program assists you in your transition to becoming a Transport America driver.
- Pre-hire letter provided by recruiter to you and the school
- DOT physical, DOT drug screen, and hair drug screen required (we can use your current DOT physical if approved)
- Packing list/things to bring provided to you when orientation is scheduled
- Complete on-line paperwork prior to travel to orientation
- Transportation provided to orientation-we make all the arrangements
Orientation TrainingView More
- $180 orientation pay ($60 per day)
- 3 days in either Indianapolis, IN or Birmingham, AL
- Safety focused orientation
- Paid hotel (we do NOT share rooms)
- Breakfast and lunch included
- You “hit the road” with a Driver Instructor at the end of orientation
- 21-30 days with 130 hours drive time
- 1 on 1 hands on training running solo hours-no teaming
- Home time during training varies based on location
- After training, placed on a transitional board. This is a smaller network of Fleet Leaders that will continue the onboarding process and will help you get comfortable with how TA operates.
- 2 Day paid corporate visit to meet operations and get a feel for TA’s culture
- Military Compensation Package Includes:
– Eligible for an additional $0.01/mile after six months of good performance
– Additional $0.01/mile for every four years of service (up to highest entry level pay)
– Tuition reimbursement of $150/month (up to $6,000)
- Pay for Performance allows you to move quickly through pay scale & get real time feedback on your performance
- Pay increases range from six months to one year depending on division and tenure
- $ure Pay allows you to see your pay after each trip to ensure accurate payroll
- Full major medical through Cigna/Health Partners
- Starts on the 91st day of employment
- Day 1 supplemental insurance available
- Dental, vision, short & long term disability & life insurance available
- 401K Match of .50 on first 4% contribution
- Paid vacation
- Pre-Paid Legal Plan available