Why Transport America
- Technology + Safety
WHY TRANSPORT AMERICA
It starts with a philosophy of driver respect and engagement, and the belief that the dedicated, hard-working men and women behind the wheel deserve more. More opportunity. More autonomy. More appreciation. And, perhaps most importantly, more time at home. This trucking company was built from the pavement up around this driver-first mission. With new equipment, better pay, flexible routes and the best support in the industry, we're empowering drivers to make smart choices in the name of safety, not profit. In an industry that's been plagued for too long by broken promises and misinformation, this much is clear: change is here, and it began with the great men and women who are driving this company in the right direction.
Driving a truck isn’t just a job, it’s a lifestyle. Although the drivers we’re looking for love life on the road, they also have a place they call home. That’s why at Transport America, we offer a ton of route choices, and we stick to those routes like clockwork. So when our drivers say they’ll be home on Friday, their families can count on it.
Insurance + Benefits
- Full major medical through Cigna/Health Partners
- Starts on the 91st day of employment
- Day 1 supplemental insurance available
- 401k, dental, vision, short & long term disability & life insurance available
- Paid vacation
- Pay for performance pay raises
- Transport America rewards program for additional bonuses
- Transport America has been independently certified as a Top Paying Carrier by the National Transportation Institute
- Pay ranges between $.34-.48 cents per mile salary options are available at up to $1250 per week
- Additional $.04 cents per mile for Hazmat Endorsement
- Sure pay electronic payment system allows drivers to check and correct their wages in real time
- Accessorial Pay
- Our drivers are the captains of their ship, they make the call when its safe to drive and when it’s not. No questions asked.
- Transport America is founded on the values of safety, respect & integrity, creative positive company culture, and a passion for excellence
- #1 overall dry freight carrier according to Logistics Management Magazine
- We listen, its in our DNA & how we strive everyday to provide the best driver experience in the industry. Our drivers have a voice & our doors are always open at every level of the organization
- Named 2015 Fleet of the Year For-Hire by Fleet Owner Magazine
- Transport America has 12 support centers throughout the country to provide services for our professional drivers.
- Our support centers feature a drivers lounge, internet access, quiet room, showers, laundry facilities, exercise equipment, ATM machines, a business center, a TA gear shop, and most are open 24/7 365 days a year.
Our fleet is made up of Freightliner Cascadia & Kenworth T680 tractors. The average age of our tractors is 2 years old. They are available in red, white and blue. Our tractor to trailer ratio is 3:1. Inverters can be installed. All new models feature opti idle & park smart.
Technology + Safety
The ones who make the call if it’s safe to drive should be behind the wheel, not behind a desk. That’s why we empower our drivers to make the call when it’s safe to drive in bad weather, and when it’s not. What proof do we need that it’s time to pull over? Nothing but our driver’s word.
Stay Connected Even Outside of the Cab with Our Mobile App
Transport America offers its driver a mobile app for iOS & Android that allows drivers to stay connected to their business without needing to be inside their cab. Grab a coffee, enjoy your lunch and spend time with the family while never missing an important update or news about your upcoming loads.
Never Waste Time Finding A Trailer
Our drivers told us that time spent tracking trailers was time wasted. We listened and have installed satellite trailer tracking in our fleet. This allows drivers to know the exact location of their loads at all times.
Safety Is Built Into Our Trucks
We invest in technology that makes the driver's job easier and safer. Our tractors are equipped with active breaking systems, electronic roll stability, e-logs & navigation.
Get the green light!
Our CSA scores top the industry and our drivers benefit from it! Save time at the scales by getting the green light.
- Safety is our cornerstone value; nothing we do is worth endangering ourselves or the motoring public.
- Our drivers have the final say on what is safe.
Integrity + RespectView More
- We value and engage our customers.
- We value diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- We use active listening skills and communicate openly and honestly.
- We treat all with courtesy and professionalism.
Creating success with a positive cultureView More
- We achieve great results and celebrate success by catching people doing things right.
- We attract and retain the best people in the industry that actively work well across departments.
- We coach, mentor and develop our people.
- We trust the judgment and decision making of our employees and hold each other accountable, we strive to make decisions at the closest level to our drivers and customers.
Passion for excellenceView More
- We are first & foremost a trucking company, attracting and retaining the best drivers in the industry.
- We are an execution company, taking pride in every load.
- We utilize efficient, streamlined processes that maximize productivity.