Five Things You Didn’t Know About Nights and Weekends at Transport America
Trucking at night is a crucial part of Transport America’s operation, and we know how important it is to support you throughout the ride. Whether your drive time starts at 1600 or 0400, we are here from the first light to the last light and everywhere in between.
Recently, Isaac Contreras, the Manager for Extended Coverage, sat down with us to provide insight as to what goes on during non-business hours. Isaac began his career with Transport America back in February of 2010 as a recruiter and quickly progressed into a fleet leader role. More recently, for the past 2 ½ years, he has been working with you on nights and weekends managing extended coverage.
Have you ever wondered what Transport America’s extended coverage team does during the night and weekend shifts? Here are 5 things you may not have known about us:
- Did you know we average over 6,200 phone calls a month between our fleet leaders and customer service managers? That’s a whole lot of “Hello” and “Drive Safe” conversations we have with our drivers, but we would not have it any other way. There may be times when our skeleton crew will get tied up taking care of everyone, but do not be discouraged; we want to take care of all issues and assist in any way we can to make your night easier. We only ask that you keep safety top of mind and never call us while you are driving!
- Did you know all four branches of the military are represented on nights and weekends? As Isaac said during his interview, “That’s right. Soldiers, Sailors, Marines and Airmen are here to serve.” We are honored they have chosen to be a part of Transport America and help represent our extended coverage team.
- Did you know the fleet leaders working nights and weekends are handpicked due to their talents and abilities to handle a large workload? Your messages will never go unanswered because the number one goal is to make sure all of our drivers are taken care of adequately.
- Did you know that of the 20 fleet leaders on the extended shift, 14 are qualified to cover HazMat verbals? According to Isaac, “We work hard to make sure everything is done right the first time, but please never hesitate to call in and double check that you are operating legally.”
- Did you know we welcome and love to see visitors? When you make your way up to the Eagan terminal, do not hesitate to stop in and see us in the corporate office. We look forward to meeting the folks who keep Transport America running. Give us a heads up so we can greet you at the door!
To learn more about how Transport America works with you (no matter the time of day), please visit our website or find us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and YouTube for more information about the trucking industry.